Heads up! Watch related videos, "Approve a Single Timecard" and "Approve Multiple Timecards".
Try it!: Practice "approving timecards".
This job aid and video explains how to approve a single timecard and multiple timecards at a time using Dimensions, as well as verifying your approval.
At the end of the pay period, by the designated deadline, you need to submit a timecard approval on your employees' timecards.
Before you approve your employees' timecards, you should:
- Review the Pay Period Close/Summary Dataview and resolve any missed punch and unexcused absence exceptions.
- Proceed with timecard review and approval.
To approve a single timecard:
- From the Main Menu , select Time > Timecards.
- From the timecard select the appropriate Timeframe .
- Review the timecard for accuracy.
- Click Approve from the action menu. An Information bar displays above the timecard grid when the approval is successful.
To approve multiple timecards:
You can also approve multiple timecards at the same time from the Main Menu > Time > Employee Summary or from any of your available Dataviews.
- Select the appropriate Timeframe and Hyperfind that you wish to approve.
- Select the check box next to the name of the employees you want to approve. To select all the employees, click Select All.
Note: If you selected more than 40 employees, a warning message appears at the top of the employee list. Scroll down the list of employees until all have been selected before proceeding.
- Click Approve.